Nowadays people want to know about weather conditions in advance. In the current era of Internet and mobility, weather apps allow you to forecast weather conditions on the go. So, your mobile weather app with the necessary features can prepare users for any weather challenges.
Weather apps can provide accurate forecasts that allow users to make informed decisions. Integration of advanced features and technological advances made it easy to learn about sudden changes in weather conditions along with real-time alerts.
What is a Weather API?
Application Programming Interfaces allow you to connect to large databases of weather forecast and historical information.
Thanks to APIs we have access to mobile applications that provide hour-by-hour forecasts, severe weather alerts, and other relevant weather information for just about every place we go.
Weather apps are the simplest method to know about the updates of the upcoming weather. With weather forecasting technology reaching to the skies, dissemination of the forecast to has taken diverse routes.
Weather Forecast App Development enables the user to add numerous locations to the list to verify the weather data accordingly. The user will be able to view the updated weather data every hour for any given location. Some supplementary information is also presented within the app like timings of sunrise and sunset of that specific day, prevailing humidity at the particular location and rain forecast.
Types of Weather Apps:
Basically, the weather apps are divided into three categories: the climate apps, forecast & image of changes’. The first two are certainly the most commonly used apps, while the images of changes’ are more of the practical type of app, though it is more educational & entertaining.
Climate Apps: This kind of apps has plenty of functionalities like they display climate changes through the time, current climate across the globe & also gives the entire earth climate map, such as sea level, ozone, gravity field, air temperature & carbon dioxide percentage. In fact, some apps even enable hurricane tracking.
Forecast: It’s certainly the most prominent weather app type. Here, the forecasts are done with the use of location services. The best apps offer standard features, such as hourly, daily, weekly-forecast, along with plenty of widgets. Few of the apps also have many other additional functionalities. Generally, the apps with basic features & widgets are free and the ones with additional features required to pay.
Image of changes: This app type used mostly for entertainment & educational purpose. It displays the climate changes over the
years or a certain time period. Though this type is less popular than above two, but still interests a certain market segment.
How to develop a Weather App?
The most important step is to choose the right functionalities. Here, we discuss the most-in-demand features:
- Earth-time lapse: This is the main feature of the image of changes’ app showing the climate changes all through the history or specific time-period.
- Rain-forecast: It’s yet another basic feature that displays the percent possibility of rain, along with with cloudy’ & very-cloudy’ indicators.
- Sunrise & sunset time: This feature shows the day length.
- Climate Map: This will show the whole of climate information, like humidity, sea level, air temperature, carbon dioxide level, etc. It is used for educational & scientific purposes mainly.
- Humidity & Visibility: People like to check for humidity & visibility level as they go out or while they are driving.
- Wind information: For regular users, this feature may not be useful, however, the paragliders, kite-surfers, windsurfers, & sailors can’t have enough of this functionality.
- UV weather map: This feature displays the sun’s ultra-violet radiation level on the world’s map by Solar UV index.
- Weather forecast: The main functioning of this app is forecasting. The app can display current weather, along with hourly, daily, weekly or even minute-to-minute weather forecast.
Let’s sum up ! In order to create a weather app and succeed, you have to think through the logic of the program and develop a good strategy to outperform your competitors. You should do your best to attract the user.
However , if you just want to know the weather for today or the next few days , we recommend you weatherapi.com. We will be happy to help you with all weather issues.
License: For copying and reprinting of materials the references to the website are obligatory.
Pictures used in post taken from: Unsplash, Pexels